Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- All BCC Caliper designs are subject to FEA prior to production.
- FEA performed by independent external contractor.
- FEA is used to optimize and validate each design.
- FEA is used to calculate component displacements, strains, and stresses under internal and external loads.
- FEA is used to calculate effects of force, pressure, acceleration, temperature and contact between components.
Millbrook Proving Ground
- All BCC Calipers are subject to Track Testing at the Millbrook Proving Ground, one of Europe’s leading independent technology centres for the design, engineering, test and development of automotive systems.
- Millbrook’s custom-built facility provides virtually every test and validation to trial and evaluate components allowing BCC to test Calipers to the limits of their performance.
- Millbrook’s custom designed, repeatable and correlated tracks allow the BCC team to test all of our Calipers in a controlled environment, providing empirical data for our continuous improvement process.
- In car instrumentation collects real-time data during testing for the following parameters:
- Brake Disc Temperature
- Ambient Temperature
- Brake Line Pressure
- 3-Axis Deceleration
Bench Testing & Final Inspection
BCC Calipers are tested in-house prior to shipment for the following:
- Material defects
- Manufacturing defects
- And last but not least, appearance!